What is Microblading? Microblading is a technique that involves using a single-use sterile needle blade to deposit color pigment into the upper layer of the skin which results in a beautiful natural 3D hair stroke effect for the brows! It is the most natural form of tattooing for the brows. They typically last 1-3 years, it varies between person to person based on body chemistry and how well you take care of it. The procedure takes 2-3 hour.
Who’s it for? Suitable for those who have a dry to normal skin type.
Downtime: 4-6 days for healing.
Restrictions apply if under the following conditions:
- History of Keloids or Hypertrophic scarring (Powder Ombré is fine)
- Accutane in the 6 months
- Skin irritations, Psoriasis, or Eczema near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Diabetic (please consult doctor)
- Chemotherapy (please consult doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Under 18 years old
- Botox within 2 weeks of your appointment
- Chemical peel within 2 weeks of your appointment
- Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing would make you NOT a good candidate for micropigmentation procedures.
- Some itching and redness are possible immediately after your treatment and the area will look very defined and dark until the area heals and scabs are shed
- Must apply antibacterial ointment for the first 24 hours to ensure you remain infection-free
- You shouldn’t get your eyebrows wet for the first week
- Avoid exercise and sweating if possible for the first week
- Don’t pick at the little scars that form in your brows; allow them to naturally fall away.
- Avoid makeup and lotions with active ingredients; they may cause the pigments to fade.
- After the initial first week, apply SPF regularly.
We welcome microblading patients who live in West Vancouver and all surrounding areas like North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, etc in British Columbia. Give us a call at (778) 323-4562 to make your appointment at Mona Beauty Co Clinic and learn more about the benefits of microblading !